Start a new topic

Request a Goddess

Starting in May, I'll be doing a monthly Goddess color. It may be a blush, eyeshadow or any type of other loose powder product.

Feel free to share as much info as you wish about the Goddess-inspired shade you'd like to see. Links, pictures are awesome!

I'll choose a monthly Goddess to feature based on your suggestions here.

It can be from any part of the world- in fact, the more obscure, the better. I love to learn new things!

IMPORTANT- Please only list ONE goddess per post. It is very hard for me to process information if you present a list of many things.

I've already done tons of Greek and Roman Goddess colors over the years, and if there's ones I haven't done it's because I have them planned for future collections.

I have a whole series of Norse Goddess colors already researched and upcoming.

I have no shortage of ideas for Goddess colors, but the idea of this thread is to get your suggestions, your wishes for a Goddess color. 

Thanks and have fun!

5 people like this idea

I would like to suggest Aradia.  The savior goddess of witchcraft, resistance and liberation. In Leland's Gospel of the Witches she was described as being the daughter of Diana (The Moon) and Lucifer (The Sun).  She was a beloved folk figure in Italy, and her mythos has experienced a resurgence within the past few years.  I've always thought she was a wonderful and inspiring figure.

Durga

She is a hindu goddess who's name means "the invincible". She is often depicted with 8 arms riding astride a tiger or occasionally a lion. Sometimes she is identified as Pavarti, which I understand you have already made. However, I think it would be really neat to see Durga specifically. She has often been depicted with pink skin in paintings, so a baby pink rouge might be apt. I personally want this for the packaging to show Durga astride a tiger. I hope you see this and consider it!

durga.jpg
(18.7 KB)
Ariadne and Inanna, Rhiannon. Nephtys - no one ever does her and she's amazing. Maat. I don't know if you'd consider it, but Mary Magdalene is a goddess and there is such a thing called Christo-pagans. I see a very beautiful queenly metallic foiled deep red.

1 person likes this

Naenia. The Roman goddess of funerals. 

You could do Iris - Goddess of the Rainbow? 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iris_(mythology)

Or the Native American goddess Spider Woman (Navajo, Dine, Hopi tribes). She wove the web of the universe and taught people how to weave.

2 people like this

I'd love to see Päivätär, the Finnish goddess of spinning, weaving, and the sun. She weaves daylight from the rainbow.

Hi there, Greek mythology is a huge focus of mine, so yes- I have extensive Greek-mythology themed offerings:  https://www.aromaleighcosmetics.com/search?q=Greek

Within the Goddess collection itself, there are also several:  https://www.aromaleighcosmetics.com/collections/goddess-of-the-month

Hey Kristen - about the Morrigan - What about an edit out of something like this for the illustration? It's valkyries, but with the dark wings on their headdresses, one (or three) of them could easily be used as an illustration for the Morrigan. AFAIK all of Arthur Rackham's work is public domain now. Or really, just any good illustration of a crow would do.

a4572e31206f48d2a5bace7750270209.jpg

1 person likes this

do you have any greek godesses?

That's too bad. Thank you for responding, ad I hope you keep trying. If I had an artistic bone in my body, I'd be happy to donate! I'll ask around for people I know. Thanks again!

Thanks for the suggestion, Heather! I've been trying to do a Morrigan color for a while but my issue is that I can't find any artwork for the jar tops that doesn't have copyright issues. There are no public domain paintings or drawings, or affordable stock illustration options available, so for this reason I haven't been able to do a color for her. I am  limited to goddesses that have such artwork options available, unfortunately.

I would love to see The Morrigan -- she is my patroness. She is the Lady of Shadows, Goddess of Fate, especially on battlefields. Her ravens gather soldiers' souls and guides them to the next world. In my tradition, she also represents women's power at all stages of life (she is a three-fold goddess), and the dedication to being a unique individual -- embracing your true self. She also shows us that pain and death are parts of life, and not something to be feared.

Me too!! :D

Sigyn.  I would be happy to help with the artwork side of any of the goddess things. :)

Login or Signup to post a comment